Enterprise Metadata Indexing Engine
All Ilves enterprise search and data insight products and solutions are built on the Ilves Enterprise Metadata Indexing Engine (EMIE) platform, which features metadata extraction, indexing, automatic document tagging, and change tracking.
The platform overview
In a rapidly changing business environment, it is crucial to move forward. The unique EMIE core capabilities offer professional services organizations a fast alternative to harness the value of their organizational information and transform it into business value.
Improved data capabilities
Data capability is the foundation for successful digital transformation. The core capabilities of EMIE consists of a modular backend platform that governs:
- Data source connectors (Microsoft O365, iManage, M-Files, Jira etc.)
- Search indexes and changelogs
- Metadata extraction and normalization pipelines
- Document analysis and tagging services
- User and access management
Organizational data and information is made accessible and searchable from one place using three different methods:
- By retrieving data and indexing metadata in the Ilves EMIE backend search index
- By performing queries against remote service APIs through the Ilves EMIE backend
- By performing queries against remote web APIs from the Ilves EMIE JS library
EMIE provides multiple integration API alternatives to access organizational information from one place.
- HTTP/REST search and management API
- Java SPI for implementing and extending EMIE backend services
The platform features a pluggable authentication mechanism supporting SSO, OAuth, and MFA/2FA capable authentication providers. Supported providers include:
- Microsoft 365, Google, Facebook
- Active Directory
The platform is designed from the ground up in order to make confidential organizational information accessible without compromising security. The search indexes contain access control information (such as filesystem ACL objects) as part of the metadata for each indexed document. Users can only see documents and search results they have read access to in the source systems.
The ILVES EMIE platform has two main deployment options:
- On-premise or private cloud instance
- Cloud instance hosted by Ilves Solutions
The backend application can be installed on a single virtual server (Windows Server 2016, Windows 2010, or Linux RHEL) or it can be distributed over multiple servers with search indexes, databases, document converters and parsers installed on separate servers.
Accelerated digital transformation
Get enterprise data streams from many systems through one API and power your innovation initiatives with your unique data.
Cost and time savings
EMIE is a highly cost-efficient alternative compared to other data platforms. Implement EMIE in a matter of days and get things done fast.
Boosted data capability
Easily boost your data capability and fully harness the value of your organizational data.
Integration as a service
We offer integrations you need as a service. Ask us about tailored connectors.
Easily benefit from the latest AI capabilities on your specific use case. EMIE is compliant with ready-made AI APIs.
With EMIE, we can make your data compatible with industry standards.